For small, rural hospitals and small clinics, administrators must constantly reconsider and optimize the way they the manage the business. Organizations struggle to move from paper forms to electronic forms for patient information capture, the foundation of any automated process.
These documents are managed by a defined lifecycle that controls authoring, review and approval, training and distribution and effectivity. Automating this lifecycle is critical to maintain compliance and increase efficiency.
The Benefits of Document Management
Implementing a document management solution to manage and store patient documents can provide the following benefits:
- Reduced transcription time
- More efficient operations at lower cost
- An integrated view of process information
- Greater accuracy and fewer manual processing errors
- Improved response to compliance and litigation inquiries
Easily Capture Patient Documents
Capturing patient related document from multiple sources can help insure compliance:
- Centralized and Distributed Scanning
- Desktop Integration (Microsoft Outlook)
- Print Directly by using a Virtual Print Driver
- Fax Server Integration
- Web Portal Integration