We’re excited to announce ApplicationXtender 16.3 will be generally available on December 15th 2017.
First, let’s address the obvious question…Why did the version jump from 8.1 to 16.3??? Well, the answer is actually pretty simple. The current release for ALL OpenText products is release 16. ApplicationXtender has completely shifted all of its processes, technologies and management over to align with OpenText’s internal product and marketing.
OpenText is investing heavily in ApplicationXtender, and all of the products from the ECD acquisition. ApplicationXtender’s multi-year road map and strategy is exciting and fully endorsed by OpenText’s leadership.
The goal of this release is ease of use and a view towards an information management platform rather than just a bucket for content.
Web Access Features
This release is focused on ensuring that ApplicationXtender is a modern multi-platform experience. Web access is now the first choice of customers and AX 16.3 has expanded the features that are browser first.
Full feature, responsive mobile experience that includes:
- Ability to “Pan” the image within the viewer
- Multi-touch support so that users can take advantage of not only tablets but touchscreen monitors.
- Navigate page by flicker, zoom in/out by pinch with two fingers, switch viewer to full-screen mode, hide/show application list and thumbnails, draw/move/delete annotations, pan page images.
In addition to the new touch and mobile-focused features there are also some basic upgrades that are part of this release:
- Higher quality thumbnail rendering
- Ability to save layout of pages as new version (when rotating/adjusting pages)
- Hot-keys to move to next/previous document or next/previous page
- Ad-hoc text searches:
- From the result set, users can select multiple items and search within them
- From the document view, users can perform a search of all pages within the document
As many of ApplicationXtender customers have made strategic decisions to reduce their IT footprint due to the evolving cloud technologies and a greater alignment of information management with business users. With that in mind, ApplicationXtender is now even easier to maintain:
- Eased system management including:
- Storage management- logical way to choose the location of actual files
- Support for member pagination in admin group setting
- Support for Single Sign-On for Active Directory users
- Greater focus on information security
- Support TLS 1.2 (AX-6236, WX-9625)
- Expanded AES encryption includes Encrypt256 by default but with additional options
People love ApplicationXtender because it aligns with their work processes rather in a simple, flexible way. So, with a focus on practical usability, the following features have been added.
- Contextual Landing Pages
- Initial Login Landing page is different for each user, administrative users see global elements whereas users see specific elements to their security
- Recently viewed documents
- Documents currently checked out
- Application Name and Description
- New documents for application
- Saved searches
- Application Landing Page is focused on getting people back to where they left off
Further on the point of practical usability, the scanning tools have been expanded to add robust web-based scanning
- Single and batch document scanning directly into ApplicationXtender without add-ons
- Moved scanning, printing and export to back-end tasks so as not to interrupt actual work
- Scanning interface has out-of-the-box connector for the Captiva Cloud Capture Toolkit