EMC ApplicationXtender Connector enables the seamless integration of business applications to ApplicationXtender—without requiring initial programming or on-going maintenance. With ApplicationXtender Connector, employees can access information quickly and easily from virtually any business application, including Microsoft Office products, mainframe terminal emulators, and browser-based applications, to make better decisions faster and deliver higher levels of customer service.
EMC ApplicationXtender Connector delivers:
- Point-and-click document access
- Maximized investments
- No required programming
- Floating icon “drop target” – Enable users to capture any value, even from within a web page, to retrieve linked information from the repository.
– Enable knowledge workers to retrieve documents and information from the ApplicationXtender repository without leaving their line-of-business applications.
– Eliminate wasteful redundancies by seamlessly integrating existing applications via ApplicationXtender Integration Module.
– Easily integrate with applications such as Microsoft Office products, mainframe terminal emulators, and browser-based solutions.
ApplicationXtender Secure Store
Encrypted secure connection and compatibility with Microsoft’s Encrypted File Serice (EFS) to ensure seamless encryption capabilities for Documentum ApplicationXtender. Secure Store for EMC ApplicationXtender is a secure storage tier for EMC ApplicationXtender. Secure Store is a Microsoft Windows Service with a Web based Administration Interface. The combination of Secure Store and Microsoft EFS makes the deployment of a secure storage tier simple and a affordable. The secure store application provides ApplicationXtender with an encrypted secure connection to Microsoft File Server volumes. Secure Store is a Windows Service that is administered via a web application (simple browser administration). The application is also compatible with Microsoft Encrypted File Service (EFS) that provides seamless at rest encryption.
ApplicationXtender Web Based Administration
User Administration provides a web based User and Group management utility for EMC ApplicationXtender. It utilizes the EMC AppXtender Web CDK technology to seamlessly add user administration functionality.
Supported functionality includes:
- User Management
- Group Management
- AX Native and Windows Security Support
- Alternate Security settings
- Document Level Security
- User password assignment
- Delegated Security support
- Process Id Management